Resources for Undergraduate Students
Student Environmental Organizations & Events on Campus
– Holistic Options for Planet Earth Sustainability Conference
– Office of Sustainability
– Campus Recycling (Facilities Services)
– Coalition Against Environmental Racism
– Ecological Design Center
– Climate Justice League
– Outdoor Program
– Oregon Student Public Interest Research Group (OSPIRG)
– Public-Interest Environmental Law Conference
– Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
– Survival Center
– Urban Farm
– Sustainability Center
Research & Libraries
Other Campus Resources
· Academic Advising
· Class Schedule
· International Affairs
· Registrar’s Office
· Requirements for a Bachelor’s Degree
· Student Handbook
· Teaching Effectiveness Program
· Transfer Credit Equivalency
- UO Career Center – Career & Employment Resources
- Academic 360.com – another great resource for academic employment. Search either geographically or alphabetically.
- Academic Position Network – thinking about a career in academia? Try this searchable database.
- American Fisheries Society Employment Resources – lots of good water-based and general job listings.
- CareerBuilder.com – search major newspaper listings for employment opportunities.
- Chemistry and Industry Magazine – search the science and business employment database.
- Conservation Job Board — profiles the latest jobs in the fields related to conservation including forestry, wildlife biology, fisheries, ecology, wetlands, marine science, environmental policy, environmental education, park management and more.
- Conservation Jobs in the UK – Conservation job listings in the UK and Ireland.
- Cyber-Sierra’s Natural Resources Job Search – many good job links here.
- Earthworks Jobs – jobs related to the earth sciences.
- EcoBusiness Jobs – links to additional search engines.
- Eco Employ – special job opportunities.
- EHSCareers.com is the leading online job board for environmental, occupational health & safety professionals and currently we list over 430 active EH&S job openings.
- EnviroLink Network – private and government positions organized by category of interest.
- Eco-ORG – internship placement and listings.
- Environmental Career Opportunities – jobs, internships, and degree programs.
- Environmental Jobs.com – lots of listings for jobs from biology to policy to education.
- Fifty Careers in Trees – lists opportunities to work with trees.
- GIS Jobs Clearinghouse – GIS job listings maintained by the University of Minnesota.
- GreenJobsReady.com– information about careers and job opportunities in the renewable energy field.
- The Job Seeker – specializing in natural resource and environmental vacancies nationwide.
- The Monster Board – large database for searching over 50,000 jobs.
- Think Green Degrees – career listings focusing on green technology and sustainability.
- PBS Environmental – providing a wide range of consulting, training and testing services throughout the Northwest since 1982 with offices in Portland, Bend and Eugene, Oregon; Seattle, Richland and Vancouver, Washington.
- Science Careers – large database, searchable by discipline, region, position, etc.
- Society for Ecological Restoration Career Center – links to various professional and government job listings.
- Society of Wetland Scientists – Wetland Jobs – wetland-related jobs, what else?
- Sustainable Careers – a national directory that provides information on jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities within the environmental sector.
- Living Science Web (USDA) – food, agricultural, and natural resource system careers.
- USA Jobs – official govt. site for jobs and employment information provided by the Office of Personnel Management. Available for all federal agencies.
- Peace Corps – “the toughest job you’ll ever love!”
- American Conservation Experience – non-profit youth conservation corps dedicated to providing service learning opportunities for emerging land managers and conservation-minded volunteers in culturally diverse and naturally inspiring settings.
- Idealist.org – non-profit jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
- Environmental Defense Fund – full-time and part-time jobs listed by city, internships too!
- Global Volunteer Network – volunteer on environmental projects in Ecuador, New Zealand, and Thailand.
- Greenforce – runs biodiversity surveys in international countries, with assistance from host universities.
- National Wildlife Federation Conservation Career Gateway – devoted to the conservation of wildlife.
- The Nature Conservancy Professional Employment Opportunities – addresses conservation issues relating to climate change and natural resources.
- RARE (Resource Assistance for Rural Environments) Program – live and work in rural Oregon’s resource-dependent communities, helping to improve economic and environmental conditions.
- Student Conservation Association – careers in renewable energy industries.
- American Council on Science and Health
- American Fisheries Society
- American Geosciences Institute
- American Institute of Hydrology
- American Society for Environmental History
- Association of Environmental and Resource Economists
- Ecological Society of America
- Entomological Society of America
- Environmental Assessment Association
- Environmental Management Association
- Organic Trade Association
- National Association of Environmental Professionals
- National Council for Science and the Environment
- National Environmental Education Foundation
- National Environmental Health Association
- Renewable Natural Resources Foundation
- Sierra Club
- Society for Ecological Restoration
- Society for Environmental Geochemistry and Health
- Society for Human Ecology
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Society of Northwestern Vertebrate Biology
- Society of Wetland Scientists – Wetland Jobs
- Society of Women Environmental Professionals
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
- The Wildlife Society
- The World Directory of Environmental Professional Associations, Organizations and Societies
- The Back Door Guide to Short-Term Job Adventures
- Eco-Tourism Career Guide
- Environmental Career Guide
- Environmental Careers Resource Guide (EPA)
- Green Energy Career Guide
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – find out how your future career stacks up!
- Outdoor Action Guide to Outdoor/Environmental Careers – maintained by Princeton University.
- Graduate-school.phds.org: Graduate-School.PhDs.org/education-index
- Affordable Colleges Online
- *Disclaimer: We provide these links as a courtesy but we do not investigate them. Always use careful judgement when using online resources.