Beginning in Fall 2019, ENVS and ESCI students will go to the new Tykeson Hall for Academic and Career Advising. The Tykeson College and Career Advising in Willie and Donald Tykeson Hall is UO’s new advising center, located on 13th Avenue, between Johnson and Chapman Halls. At Tykeson Hall, you can work with professional College and Career Advisers who can help you explore your interests, schedule your classes, plan for graduation, discuss career interests, and more.
You can schedule appointments with Tykeson College and Career Advising team via the EAB Navigate app available in the App Store or Google Play. Please visit the Office of Academic Advising’s website for information about appointments and hours of operation.
Making an Advising Appointment with your Academic Adviser:
We recommend Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Log into Navigate Student: https://uo.campus.eab.com
- Enter your Duck ID and password
- On the sidebar, click the purple calendar icon which says “Appointments” and click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- For the question “What kind of appointment are you looking to schedule today?” click “Academic and Career Advising”
- Following that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Tykeson Hall – Scientific Discovery and Sustainability”
- It will ask “What is the main topic you want to discuss in this appointment?” and select the topic most relevant to you.
- Under Location and Staff, the only option should be “Tykeson College and Career Advising”
- Any advisor on the Scientific Discovery and Sustainability team can help you.
- Select a date and time, add any comments if necessary and you will have the option of being sent a reminder
- Select “Confirm Appointment”
- If this above process does not work, call 541-346-9200 to book an appointment through Tykeson Hall Reception
At the time of your scheduled appointment, meet your adviser in their office.
Prospective majors should drop-in to meet with an Adviser to discuss the degree requirements and declare the major. ENVS/ESCI are in the Scientific Discovery and Sustainability Flight path. You are encouraged to meet with Brittany McFall.
Current majors are encouraged to meet with an adviser at least once a year to confirm that appropriate progress is being made toward completion of the degree.
Graduating majors are required to meet with their adviser during the first term of the year they plan to graduate. This gives us an opportunity to confirm your progress toward your degree and discuss career plans.
Before your advising meeting, please read the instructions on Preparing for Advising Meetings