COVID-19 Update: During the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), academic and career advising has shifted to a primarily remote model. Tykeson Hall advisors are providing remote advising through email, phone calls, and Microsoft Teams. For more information see: https://advising.uoregon.edu/tykeson-drop-ins-and-appointments
Prospective majors should drop-in to meet with an advisor to discuss the degree requirements and declare the major.
Current majors are encouraged to meet with an advisor at least once a year to confirm that appropriate progress is being made toward completion of the degree.
Graduating majors are required to meet with their adviser during the first term of the year they plan to graduate. This gives us an opportunity to confirm your progress toward your degree and discuss career plans.
Before your advising meeting, please read the instructions on Preparing for Advising Meetings
Beginning in Fall 2019, academic advising for ENVS and ESCI students will happen through advisors in the Scientific Discovery and Sustainability (SDS) flight path at the new Tykeson Hall for Academic and Career Advising.
Students can contact the SDS flight path directly by email: email@example.com.
Online Drop-In Advising is designed to address your most immediate advising questions and concerns. Your advisor will engage you in conversation from a generalist perspective.
Remote “drop-in” sessions are available Mondays through Fridays, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. via the website chat function or call the Front Desk/Intake Team at 541-346-9200. You will be placed in the drop-in queue. When an advisor is available, your advising session will occur over the phone or computer/smartphone using Microsoft Teams.
You can schedule appointments with Tykeson College and Career Advising team via Navigate (also available as a smartphone app).
Making an Advising Appointment with your Academic Adviser:
We recommend Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Log into Navigate Student: https://uo.campus.eab.com
- Enter your Duck ID and password
- On the sidebar, click the purple calendar icon which says “Appointments” and click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- For the question “What kind of appointment are you looking to schedule today?” click “Academic and Career Advising”
- Following that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Tykeson Hall – Scientific Discovery and Sustainability”
- It will ask “What is the main topic you want to discuss in this appointment?” and select the topic most relevant to you.
- Under Location and Staff, the only option should be “Tykeson College and Career Advising”
- Any advisor on the Scientific Discovery and Sustainability team can help you.
- Select a date and time, add any comments if necessary and you will have the option of being sent a reminder
- Select “Confirm Appointment”
- If this above process does not work, call 541-346-9200 to book an appointment through Tykeson Hall Reception
- Your remote advising appointment will take place over the phone or Microsoft Teams.