**University of Oregon commencement activities, including departmental ceremonies, will not be held as in-person events this year. However, we are working hard on alternative ways to deliver a meaningful experience to our graduates and their families, in order to honor the culmination of their academic journey. Additional details will be released in the coming weeks. We will reach out to potential graduates as well as update this website as information becomes available.**
Commencement will be held on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 12:30pm in the Women’s Quadrangle
Environmental Studies Commencement Ceremony
- The Environmental Studies Commencement Ceremony will be held at 12:30 pm on Monday, June 15, 2020 in the Pioneer Woman’s Lawn, also known as Women’s Quadrangle, which is Northeast of Susan Campbell Hall.
- Guests do not need tickets to attend the Environmental Studies Commencement Ceremony.
- Students do not have to wear regalia for the Environmental Studies Commencement.
- If you or your guests require special accommodations, please contact Sophie Bybee at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may make the necessary arrangements.
How to participate in the Environmental Studies Commencement Ceremony:
- Apply for your degree on DuckWeb by April 26, 2020.
- Submit this short graduation questionnaire
- This will ensure we get your name right in the program!
- If you are planning to graduate in Winter 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020, you are eligible to participate in the ceremony. Fill out the questionnaire above to add your name to the walking list.
Schedule for Commencement:
TBD (Stay tuned for speakers!)
April 6-9: Grad Fair at the Duck Store
April 10: Last day to apply for Graduate Degree
April 26: Last day to apply for Undergraduate Degree (apply via DuckWeb)
June 5: Last day of classes
June 8-12: Final exams
June 17: Commencement
Information on University Commencement Ceremony
- The University-wide celebration will be held in the Matthew Knight Arena from 9:30 to 11:30 am on Monday, June 15, 2020.
- The ceremony begins at 8:45 am with our academic parade (Duck Parade). Graduates should be lined up in front of the EMU on 13th Avenue at 8:15 am in regalia.
- Contact The Duck Store to order your regalia (cap and gown) for graduation, announcements, and other graduation/commencement materials. The Grad Fair (where you can get all your regalia and commencement materials) will be held at the Duck Store on April 6-9, 2020.
- Guest seating is limited and all guests must have a ticket to enter.
- Matthew Knight Arena will open at 7:00 am for guest seating; all ticketed guests should be seated by 9:00 AM.
- Guests will be able to enter the building through the north and east entrances.
- The following items are NOT permitted in the arena: glass or aluminum containers, weapons, fireworks, laser pointers, explosives, munitions, drugs or alcohol.
- For more information and to acquire tickets for graduates and guests, visit the Commencement homepage.
- Guests that require additional accommodations should contact UO Commencement team at email@example.com.
- Day parking is available at Autzen Stadium. A free shuttle service will provide transportation from Autzen to campus.
- ADA parking is provided fro the day in the Columbia Garage under the Ford Alumni Center, accessed via 13th Avenue. An ADA shuttle will be available for pick up and drop offs at this location throughout the day.
UO Commencement Website
Parking & Shuttle Information
Duck Store Commencement Merchandise
Eugene Public Transit Information
How to Get Here
GradImages Website (to purchase official Commencement photos)