GE Teaching Nominations
To encourage and acknowledge excellence in the teaching of ENVS courses, the Environmental Studies Program requests your nominations for outstanding ENVS graduate teaching fellows. We will collect these nominations each quarter and pick one annual winner near the end of spring term. This award comes with a cash prize and will be presented during graduation festivities. We hope to identify those exemplifying excellence in one or more of the following aspects of effective teaching:
- Ability to challenge and motivate students
- Use of innovative teaching methodologies and approaches
- Organization of curriculum (lecture, discussion, exams, homework, lab, etc.) to create an integrated learning experience.
- Fairness regarding student abilities and needs
- Application of theoretical concepts to current issues and events
Your nominee need not be excellent in all of these areas, and may not be particularly popular, but should provide an especially good example of one of these aspects of effective teaching.
***Nominations are not treated simply as votes, so please explain how the person you are nominating demonstrates excellence in teaching. Specific examples are especially helpful to the committee.***
Do not copy and paste text from MS Word. Unusual characters like quotes can cause errors. Please type in your comments in the boxes below, or paste from Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac).